Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Confession, Of Sorts...

I joined Twenty-Something bloggers today.

That's not my confession. But it's kind of related to my confession. Be patient, I'll get to it.

Ok, so here goes...deep breath...

I don't drink.

I know...crazy, right?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not weird religious or anything that is anti-alcohol. Nor am I a recovering alcoholic. I just don't drink. I always want to drink...but when I'm in the setting where alcohol is flowing, I will always order a diet-coke with grenadine. Yes, you read that correctly...I order a Roy Rogers. What can I say? I think I like the idea of drinking better than the drinking itself.

Normally, I don't really care. I had two good years of drinking fun (and both of those years were before I could even legally do so). I'm usually having fun and I don't need to imbibe in great quantities of the liquid devil to enjoy myself. I also am very much so against drinking and driving of any kind, so this usually works out for me (hmmm...perhaps this can be one of my experimental hot-button topics I've been wanting to write about).

But sometimes? Sometimes I just want to drink fucking margaritas all night! I'm in my twenties, for Christ's sake! I'm not some old lady (that's what I keep telling myself, anyway). So I'll have one and then I'll feel like shit the rest of the night and my idea of having a fun, crazy-drunk night are shot to hell. So I just skip the tequila and stick with the cherry syrup (because let's be honest here, I'm crazy enough as it is without the liquor).

For the most part, I've come to accept and embrace this fact about me. The people I go out with regularly don't mind this about me and actually appreciate it. And they get a kick out of the grown-up ordering a kiddie drink. Whatev...they can laugh all they want. That shit is delicious.

So there it is...my confession. I feel better now.

On a completely unrelated note, I have a query about 20-something bloggers. What happens when I'm not longer in my twenties? I only have a year and a half left! Do I get kicked out of the community?

I probably should have thought about that before I joined...

No comments: